PELT® µPELT-ts3H and µPELT-ts5+ Three and Five Layer Ultrasonic Thickness Gauges
The µPELT-ts3H is a high-energy 3 layer thickess gauge. The µPELT-ts5+ is a 5 layer thickness gauge with a selectable high energy feature. The high energy capability facilitates measurements of thick or absorptive layers. Thickness gauges utilizing PELT technology are capable of measuring layer thickness on virtually any substrate material. Example substrate materials include steel, aluminum, plastics, composites, and wood. The unique capabilities and outstanding performance of PELT gauges have made them the standard coating thickness measurement tool in demanding production paint facilities around the world.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Color touch-screen display.
- Measures multi-layer thicknesses on any substrate material.
- High Energy feature enables measurements of thick, absorptive, and textured coatings. Also facilitates measurements on grit blasted substrates.
- µPELT-ts3H utilizes a fixed high energy setting and measures up to 3 layers.
- µPELT-ts5+ has a selectable high energy setting and measures up to 5 layers.
- Reports individual layer thickness and total thickness at each measurement point.
- USB interface provides fast and reliable data transfer.
- Non-destructive measurements eliminate the need for specially prepared samples or destructive analysis.
PELT Manager™ software is a Windows® application that provides a powerful and easy to use interface to the thickness gauge. Calibration information and measurement data can be easily transferred to/from the gauge. Use of the Autogage2 automation feature saves time by automatically processing large batch files and improves measurement precision.
Thickness data from the µPELT-ts gauges is stored in a format that is easily imported into spreadsheet and database programs. The optional film build reports display coating thickness on customized product silhouettes or as charts showing thickness vs. location. Film Build Reports depict one coating layer per Excel® spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel® required).